Holidays are always a struggle to stay on track. I invited my mother over for brunch. I made an egg casserole that stayed on plan. It was delicious.
There is some prep work involved. I did the sweet potatoes up last night (when I was cooking dinner). I also diced everything up last night while waiting for things to cook. It made making this for today super quick.
I made MANY modifications to this recipe, but it was inspired from the following paleo recipe:PaleOMG- Easy Breakfast Bake
Here is what you will need:
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 10 eggs
- Diced ham (3 red containers)
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- Olive oil (to grease pan)
- Sea salt
- Shredded cheddar cheese (blue container)
Recipe called for onions and garlic powered. I forgot about garlic and we don’t like onion in this house. Feel free to add this 🙂
1. Preheat oven to 400 F.
2. Peel and dice sweet potatoes. Coat in melted coconut oil, place on baking sheet. Top with sea salt.
3. Bake for 25 minutes, turning a couple times through out.
4. While baking, I used this time to dice everything: peppers and ham.
5. Put 10 eggs in a bowl, and whisk. Stir in ham, sweet potatoes and peppers.
8. Bake for 40 minutes at 400 F.
Enjoy!! Makes 8 Servings.